Rules of Golf
- The events will be run in accordance with ‘The Rules of Golf’ as laid down by the R&A and the Local Rules of the courses visited.
- The playing format is Individual Stableford with full handicap allowance.
- Play is generally in three or fourballs.
- Where permitted men will play from the White tees.
- Ladies will play from the Red tees.
- CSS will be calculated prior to the event The Top 100 Tour events are not qualifying competitions and therefore the CSS will be the CSS of the venue for any given tee.
- Ladies and Gentlemen will compete against each other according to the Equity Handicap Allowance set by CONGU for a stableford competition.
- Any additional shots will be calculated using the Equity Handicap Allowance calculator and added to handicaps prior to the event.
Who Can Play?
- The Events are open to all golfers, male and female
- Competitors under the age of 18 are welcome to take part but must be accompanied by an adult.
- If you have no official handicap you can still play in a Top 100 Tour event,
- Players who do not have a handicap will not be eligible for the main prize in their first 3 events, instead they will be eligible for a separate prize and be allocated a handicap using a unique 3 hole handicap system
Once you have completed 3 events you will then be allocated a Tour Handicap (using the same system as an official handicap) once you have established a Tour Handicap you will be able to enter the event proper
The handicap limit at each event for males is 24
- The handicap limit at each event for females is 24
- Should a player’s handicap exceed the limit they will be reduced to the handicap limit
- A player is solely responsible for playing off their correct handicap
- The penalty for breeching this is disqualification.
Ties & Countback
- In the case of a tie the result will be decided on a card playoff.
- For a one round event this will be resolved by taking into account the last nine holes on the scorecard.
- If there is still a tie the result will be decided on the last 6, 3, 1 hole(s).
- In all cases of tied results, the decision will be made based on the order of the holes as set out on the scorecard regardless of where the individual competitors started.
Grand Final & Qualification
- The Grand Final will be played at Moortown Golf Club on October 8, 2020.
- The top two (2) players from each event will qualify for the Grand Final
- The top 20 players, who have not already qualified, in the Order of Merit will qualify for the Grand Final
Order of Merit
- The points gained from each event will be added together to get the final Order of Merit standings.
- Competitors do not have to play in all events to qualify for the Grand Final from the Order of Merit
- The top 25 players, who have not already qualified, in the Order of Merit will qualify for the Grand Final
- First place at each event will receive a TaylorMade Spider X Putter
- Second place at each event will receive a TaylorMade Flextech Stand Bag
- Third place at each event will receive a TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 wedge
- The nearest to the pin prize winner will receive three (3) dozen TaylorMade TP5 golf balls
- The longest drive prize will be three (3) dozen of the latest TaylorMade golf ball
- There are no cash alternatives
- The Grand Prize at the Final of the Top 100 Tour is a trip for 2 to THE PLAYERS Championship in March 2021, with Flights, accommodation and transfers included
- There is no cash alternative
- Registration will close seven (7) days before each event
- Any dietary requirements must be noted when registering the event using the appropriate field
- A golfer may register other players when entering one of the events, please take time to fill in your friends details correctly, including spelling of names and email addresses as you are responsible for this information been represented correctly on the order of merit etc.
- A player may play in as many events as they wish
- All payments must be made prior to each event
As you will appreciate, we are currently unable to guarantee that NCG Top 100s Tour events will go ahead as scheduled in the coming months due to coronavirus.
It is our intention that any or all events unable to be played on the specified dates will be rescheduled in 2020 or 2021.
All entries will remain valid and therefore no refunds will be offered. Thank you for your understanding. We will provide further updates as soon as we are able to do so.
- Each event has a maximum of 90 spaces, with the exception of Trump International where it is 80
- Should an event become oversubscribed then those who have registered will be placed on a waiting list.
- If any players of a full event drop out the waiting list will work on a first come first served basis and the first player to be asked will be the first person who has registered after the event exceeded 90 players.
- It is up to the player to choose whether they want to accept this or not
Caddies & Buggies
- The use of buggies is permitted in the events where they are available for hire.
- Caddies are permitted at any of the events and the competitor is responsible for his / her caddie’s actions and food.
GPS Range Finding Equipment
- The use of GPS and laser range finding equipment which only measures distance is permitted.
- Under the R&A Rules of Golf the use of smart phones and other devices which provide additional information such as wind speed and direction and distance taking into account gradient is in breach of the Rules of Golf.
- For any further questions or information, do not hesitate to call our office on 0113 2893979